To all our Clients:
In the midst of growing concerns over the COVID-19 virus, it is essential that we here at ShayAnn Scott Therapeutics assure you that our number one priority is your health and safety. We always sanitize our treatment areas in between each client, change linens and face cradles as well as thoroughly clean, sweep and wipe the studios every evening.
You can relax knowing that our practitioners have been trained to take extra precautions to help keep you safe. During this time, we are taking extra steps to ensure proper sanitary practices for your safety and ours. Every practitioner:
- Washes their hands thoroughly per CDC standards.
- Uses approved anti-bacterial and anti-viral products to clean and sanitize tables and equipment in between sessions.
- Uses approved products to properly clean and sanitize stones, bamboo sticks and other massage tools.
- Take extra care to sanitize, pens, credit card machines, door handles, chairs, light switches and any other areas they, or clients come in contact with.
- Properly launder linens and blankets.
- Make self-care a priority as we take extra steps to maintain our own health with extra rest and eating healthy.
We will not be wearing face masks during sessions since this is helpful only for those who are already sick. If we are sick...we will not work.
We will not allow any practitioner that show signs of a potentially communicable condition to work. We ask that you please understand the inconvenience, should we need to change your appointment.
Likewise, if you are feeling ill, please cancel your appointment as soon as you have concerns.
Massage does boost the immune system and relieve your tension. However, when your body is already fighting off a virus due to a cold or flu, a massage can actually make things worse. Massage increases circulation throughout the body which releases metabolic waste through your system faster than normal and increases your symptoms, making you feel worse.
As part of our usual policy, if you arrive for your appointment and show signs of a cold or flu, we will unfortunately have to reschedule your appointment to a later date. Please keep in mind:
- You may spread a virus one day before symptoms develop.
- You may spread a virus if you still have symptoms—even if you have almost recovered.
- You may spread bacteria until you take an antibiotic for 72 hours and your symptoms have subsided.
If you have recently traveled outside of the U.S., have recently taken a cruise, or visited areas within the country known to have a higher number of Coronavirus cases, we ask that you wait at least 14 days and have consulted with your physician before booking an appointment.
We are in small enclosed rooms working very closely with you. This consideration will maximize our efforts to keep therapy spaces healthy for all our clients and staff.
We do hope everyone continues to stay strong and healthy! Remember, your body is a powerful self-healing organism. Support it well, and it will do its best to keep you well!
- Add extra green vegetables to your healthy, balanced diet.
- Get vitamin C and D.
- Drink plenty of liquids - stay hydrated!
- Get adequate sleep.
- Practice good hygiene - Wash hands regularly for for 20 seconds!
And remember to REDUCE STRESS!!
Massage is helpful not only for stress and anxiety, but for boosting the immune system! Our calendars are currently full but we have availability starting Monday, March 16th. We will be here healthy and ready for you! Reserve your appointment today!
Yours in health,